Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » 2 B A Drug Addict in NO
2 B A Drug Addict in NO [message #56815] Fri, 02 September 2005 21:04 Go to next message
Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
Master
Do you suppose that there were any drug addicts in NO?

Suppose they got trapped. Had to climb to the attic, alone.

Started going thru withdrawal, because they could not get their fix.

Rains stop, attic gets hot, and they are helpless going through withdrawal.

Doesn't sound like a pleasant way to go.

Some related thoughts [message #56816 is a reply to message #56815] Fri, 02 September 2005 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
Master
A lot of people in NO are pretty testy these days.

Do you suppose many of them are smokers who have gone without a cigarette for five days?

Or an alcoholic who can't get a drink.

They showed people who needed insulin. What about the people on Dialysis?

I have a friend with a colostomy. He would be better off, I think. Just pour your poop out.

My wife thinks, "What about women in their periods."

New Orleans mayor lashes out at feds [message #56818 is a reply to message #56816] Sat, 03 September 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Surely people with addictions will be even more desperate than others. But everybody's gotta eat. I can certainly understand tempers flaring.

God, this hurricane was just terrible.

Time to put away the politics on this issue permanently. Like a car that won't start, just get out and push, it's the only way. Doesn't matter if its the spark, fuel, whatever. Speculation and discussion won't get the damn thing out of the road.

Re: New Orleans mayor lashes out at feds [message #56821 is a reply to message #56818] Sat, 03 September 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The problem is it absolutely is politics; it's the purpose of having a political leader and political system; to deal with stuff like this. Thats why we have leaders; and they ultimately are the ones accountable. And there can be no soft peddling a major screw-up; thats their job period. If I screwed up like this I would not only have been fired but most likely indicted for incompetence and negligence. Don't take the job then cry about circumstances; thats why you're there.
Amazing people are making excuses that you would not make for your own self in your job.
The buck stops there.

Re: 2 B A Drug Addict in NO [message #56822 is a reply to message #56815] Sat, 03 September 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Do you suppose a few dozen of those Huey helicopters and some of the national guard troops digging for oil in Iraq might have helped the situation here? Why are the Iraqi's more important than Americans?
This guy showed where his sympathy lies; where the money is period; we as a group should be outraged instead of making excuses for incompetence and outright negligence.

Re: New Orleans mayor lashes out at feds [message #56824 is a reply to message #56821] Sat, 03 September 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

No man is accountable for acts of nature. If a natural disaster wipes out the planet, we're all gone. Some would probably want to argue we should have been prepared if they had time to debate the matter. But the fact is that man just isn't that powerful. Politics don't matter when higher forces are involved.

Re: 2 B A Drug Addict in NO [message #56825 is a reply to message #56822] Sat, 03 September 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

No amount of political rhetoric will help matters in New Orleans. All it can do is to create more frustration in people that are already at the breaking point. When we put the focus on politics, we are taking focus away from the real issues. I personally think it is insensitive and irresponsible in the extreme.

Re: 2 B A Drug Addict in NO [message #56826 is a reply to message #56822] Sat, 03 September 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Your right, He definitely stepped on his dick in this one.
4 days to get water to the dome?, and we can send a missile down an elevator shaft capabilities. Pure silliness. I don’t believe GWB has the countries greater interest at heart. I made my donations to the situation and I'll cast a vote for a new leader when the time comes.
For now I think we are limited to speaking up at the local goernment level's and let the elected people closer to us do the work.

Re: New Orleans mayor lashes out at feds [message #56827 is a reply to message #56824] Sat, 03 September 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Then why do we have a government? If the govt is not responsible for organising the responses to disasters then what is their job?
Thats ridiculous to say they have no accountability here. I can't even respond to such a statement.
We should have left the Twin Towers lying in the street by that logic.

Re: New Orleans mayor lashes out at feds [message #56830 is a reply to message #56827] Sat, 03 September 2005 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

If you want to place blame, you might fix blame on the local or state governments too. One would expect them to have greater familiarity with their vulnerability than those at the federal level. I don't know, but I do know that making this matter political is just finger pointing and doesn't do any good. I can understand the frustration of everyone involved, and I can understand the mayor's comments. But I think he and the other local and state governments have as much or more responsibility for action as does the federal government. Again, I'm just saying that finger pointing in this case reeks of political rhetoric to me.

Previous Topic: Catman
Next Topic: A picture from today`s hike
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:25:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout