Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Irony and Pity
Irony and Pity [message #56168] Mon, 21 March 2005 18:15 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Kinda' ironic that the federal judge ruling on the Schiavo case is a Clinton appointee. So whats next, we create a new judiciary by executive fiat?? Then Rhenquist is back, who is a big proponent of federalism, a Nixon appointee who hates anyone messing with judicial descisions. I guess the reds have backed themselves into a corner here, ehhh???

The irony is virtually unlimited... [message #56171 is a reply to message #56168] Sun, 27 March 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Karla Faye Tucker, on the teevee, says "Please don't kill me".
*Bush mocks her.

Terry Veg-O-Matic says "oooghahhhoooo" and people imagine she's saying "I want to live".
*Bush flies to DC in the middle of the night to sign a Constitutionally ambiguous and precendent setting piece of Legislation and make a speech about erring on the side of life.

Terry Veg-O-Matic is in the position she's in because she was a bulimic/anexoric
*Her parents says she'd want to be force-fed by a machine.

The nutballs around the hospice are fighting for the santicty of human life
*Half of them are advocating for Greer's murder.

What a sad situation when people just can't just mind their own business.

Re: The irony is virtually unlimited... [message #56172 is a reply to message #56171] Sun, 27 March 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You know what really tics me off? The fact they are trying to villify Micheal. One of the nurses from when the accident intially occured said this about him"He is a real nightmare and a royal PIA; but if I was in this situation I would want him as my husband, thats for sure."
From that to calling the guy a murderer really indicates the type of mentality we are dealing with here.
Anyone ever think maybe the guy just wants to do whats right?
The money is a done deal so what else is there to this for him?
Would it not be easy to just walk and let others handle the problems?
That is where we are going in America; Nanny Nation, everyone wants to tell everyone else what to do.
And those protesters sending their kids in to get arrested; indoctrinating kids into your propaganda is as low as you can get.

Re: The irony is virtually unlimited... [message #56173 is a reply to message #56172] Sun, 27 March 2005 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
We were discussing that point at work the other day - I said I just can't imagine having the strength to put up with what the husband has put up with for the past 15 years.

As I understand it he has turned down offers of $1M and $10M to walk away this past week and he hasn't done it. I'd like to think it isn't because he's hoping the book royalties will be better that way.

This nanny nation thing? I kind of see two trends - one essentially libertarian ("a woman's right to choose") and a theocratic trend (you can't do it because it offends my god; abortion, Janet Jackson's boob, Opie & Anthony, bare-assed lady on Monday Night Football, gay marriage, right to die law in Oregon, dope for cancer patients, etc...)

What bothers the shit out of me is the latter, and this Terry Veg-O-Matic deal is evidence to me that the theocratic trend is building into a tsunami.

Re: The irony is virtually unlimited... [message #56174 is a reply to message #56173] Mon, 28 March 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
This very point has been exposed over the past week. It is my understanding that the rest of the civilised world has the same fear of us turning into a religous theocracy as they do of the Muslim nations. After all one religous fanatic is pretty much the same as another. Except we have the big stick.
The RNC took a bad hit on this one they say, nothing like shining a bright light on ignorance and hypocrisy to wake people up.

Re: The irony is virtually unlimited... [message #56181 is a reply to message #56174] Mon, 28 March 2005 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I think we are getting a taste of the new religious government to be. It's making me nervous.
ya wonder if people would be likely to mind there own business if the media wasn’t able to turn, liberally, everything into a 24/7 3 ring circus. Complete with guest speakers, Keynote personal, eye witness testimony, live mini cam in the right nostril of the accused or abused, 8x10 glossy photos with circle and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one.....

Re: The irony is virtually unlimited... [message #56182 is a reply to message #56181] Mon, 28 March 2005 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Reagan lifted the fairness doctrine back in the 70's. Restore it and things will change. I must address the concept that the media exhibits a liberal bias. The Fox news channel is heavily watched and that network is a paid shill for the neo-con propogandists. There are no news organisations I can name that do the same for what is considered liberal issues.
The way the majority of news organisations allow such debacles as the WMD's/the sanctioning of torture by the administration with no account ability/the blatent disregard of the masses of illegal aliens working and living comfortably;.. it goes on and on and they provide little or no coverage of the facts behind these issues. The gravity of the personal freedoms relenquished by the citizenry based on trumped up charges of potential terrorist events by the Patriot Act.
When was the last time there was a press conference with the Executive that wasn't heavily scripted and lacking in any controversial questions or any questions for that matter that did not promote the administration programs.
I don't remmember this level of submissive syncophantic news coverage in my lifetime.

Re: syncophantic news coverage [message #56183 is a reply to message #56182] Tue, 29 March 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I'm not too sure of that myself.

It seems to me the first to benefit from similar treatment was FDR, not only within the context of obscuring his physical disability, but also with regard to the "New Deal" and his prosecution of the war. The government in that time sponsored hundreds, if not thousands, of news reels seen by everybody (because then everybody went to the movies) that gave the impression of a unified front on Government policy even when it didn't exist.

Later Kennedy got much the same free ride - no, he didn't make a mess on the scale of Bush in Iraq, but the BOP was a serious mess in its own right. And his personal peccadilloes certainly went by with a wink and a nudge.

Re: government of the sheeple, by the sheeple and... [message #56184 is a reply to message #56181] Tue, 29 March 2005 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
for the sheeple.
The statistics are clear: people don't read. What news they get is very often not from news programs, but from opinion programs (e.g., most of the Fox program schedule). Consequently their opinions and concerns are what they are told they should be.

Good example: remember how dangerous power lines were 20 years ago? Everybody up in arms about EMF giving them cancer?

Now that the media has moved on, everything is EMF generating - magnets in insoles, magnets on the wrist, magnets in hats, magnets in beds.

The shame of it all is that I apparently lack the moral turpitude to profit from it.

Re: syncophantic news coverage [message #56185 is a reply to message #56183] Wed, 30 March 2005 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The Kennedy's were altruistic and upstanding and at all times they projected an aura of true dedication to the American ideal. Their personal peccadillos mean nothing; same goes for Clinton. All men behave badly around women.
This administration projects an aura of self righteous self-aggrandisement. And as such they must control all aspects of the dissimilation of information.
The real culprits here are the fourth estate who have been derilect in their duty to expose government on all levels.
The last true American republican was Richard Nixon; while I despised him as an individual, I knew in my heart he wanted the best for our country. Even Reagan spoke extempore at times and stood by what was said. It was not a scripted persona created by focus groups.

Previous Topic: Reviewers - Is it possible for them to be unbiased?
Next Topic: Irritated with Amazon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:54:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout