Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Currently inebriated, shit-faced and otherwise debilitated
Currently inebriated, shit-faced and otherwise debilitated [message #55775] Sat, 03 April 2004 18:32 Go to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Apparently I've been "banned" from the AA HUG. If I post there, it's immediately deleted, no matter the content.

This occurred after I posted two or three times tweaking Mike Bates - no profanity, just some push-back. Interesting, the standards applied.

How will I sleep tonight?

And, yeah, I'm completely hammered.

Re: Currently inebriated, shit-faced and otherwise debilitated [message #55776 is a reply to message #55775] Sun, 04 April 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
As fickle as AA moderation is, I'm thinking maybe there was just something funny about last night. I can't imagine them deleting posts you made in response to Magnetar. If anything, they let everything stand over there. Magnetar and Romy insult everyone, so if you nailed one of them back, it should have fit right in.

Seems most of the posts made on AA's HUG these days are rude comments made by guys that are permanently banned here and anyplace else with any class at all. Even when someone posts something of substance there, the discussion is quickly sabotaged by insults from at least one of the usual vandals.

Apparently some sort of IP blocking [message #55777 is a reply to message #55776] Sun, 04 April 2004 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I have dynamic IP DSL. I leased a new IP and now I can post there.

Which is interesting in and of itself. Apparently I'm more offensive than Bates & Co., a dubious but nevertheless notable achievement. ;-)

Re: Apparently some sort of IP blocking [message #55778 is a reply to message #55777] Mon, 05 April 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Wow, that's incredible. If you have been getting mesages deleted or blocked and yet Magnetar and Romy are not, then it's worse over there than I thought. Incredible. I suppose that sometimes car-wreck-curiosity builds traffic in a tabloid sort of way, but it's so bad there even long-time supporters are put-off and complaining. You'd think that they'd shit-can the offensive posts.

Re: Apparently some sort of IP blocking [message #55779 is a reply to message #55777] Mon, 05 April 2004 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Thats bizzare! Mike should be able to take it pretty well since he knows how to dish it out.

Maybe if you tried posting some sales literature for some round tractrix horns, Rod would send you a yoyo with a lipstick kiss on it.

Still seems so freaky to believe

Re: Apparently some sort of IP blocking [message #55780 is a reply to message #55777] Mon, 05 April 2004 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yourbuddy is currently offline  Yourbuddy
Esquire
I found nothing offensive in your post. I think what happenened it was clustered in with the Romy shit that got deleted. Seems the IP you were using probably just got tagged as a Pussy IP.

Your Buddy

Re: Apparently some sort of IP blocking [message #55781 is a reply to message #55778] Tue, 06 April 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your buddy is currently offline  your buddy
Esquire
Like you delete mine here

Don't think that's the case [message #55782 is a reply to message #55780] Tue, 06 April 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
'Cuz I would post something to other threads with info people were looking for, and within a minute or so the post would be gone. I tried it several times over a 24 or so hour period before I thought of leasing a new IP and it happened every time on both the HUG and Cable boards. Intentional or not, it was apparently global.

Re: Apparently some sort of IP blocking [message #55783 is a reply to message #55781] Tue, 06 April 2004 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
That's right.

Re: Currently inebriated, shit-faced and otherwise debilitated [message #55784 is a reply to message #55775] Thu, 08 April 2004 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yeah, some of the stuff that goes on there is really strange. I've had many bad times over on that forum.

I think there's a lot of people there however that do give out some excellent and friendly advice though, so it's not all bad.

Just what does the HUG stand for anyway?

Previous Topic: Mothra Research
Next Topic: Arrgg! Tax Day!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 22:03:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout