Home » xyzzy » Tower » Another Bush victory....
Another Bush victory.... [message #55211] Wed, 10 May 2006 07:34 Go to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It really must burn the liberals that Bush gets almost everything he wants. Not all but almost. I mean, after all, according to the liberals, Bush is a bumbling idiot.

This one was important for the Republicans and the country.

From the link below:

The bill would hand President Bush one of his top tax priorities, a two-year extension of the reduced 15 percent tax rate for capital gains and dividends, currently set to expire at the end of 2008. Republicans credit the tax cuts, enacted in 2003, with boosting economic growth and creating many jobs.

They have a long way to go to correct the liberals tax and spend policies but every little bit helps.

Re: You Forgot to Mention The Continuation Of The Reduction Of The AMT [message #55212 is a reply to message #55211] Wed, 10 May 2006 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
He absolutely did not want that so it's a draw. And the new jobs report shows all the activity is in the service sector; waiters/waitresses/busboys/landscapers.
We actually lost jobs in High Tech/Manufacturing and other good paying jobs.

Yes, Republicans were able to get that in as well, thanks. [message #55214 is a reply to message #55212] Wed, 10 May 2006 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I beg to differ. If Bush didn't want it in there the Republicans wouldn't have put it in.

Keep fooling yourself on the economy. It keeps getting better and better proving that tax cuts work better than anything else. Reagan and now Bush have proved this point.

Remember the phase "it's the economy stupid!" That's not my words. It's a Democrat talking point if a Republican happens to be in office during a downturn. Not many Demorcrats using it now though. I wonder why??

Re: Yes, Republicans were able to get that in as well, thanks. [message #55215 is a reply to message #55214] Wed, 10 May 2006 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Better check those facts; he threatened a veto if they put that in the bill.

Can't find that anywhere... [message #55218 is a reply to message #55215] Wed, 10 May 2006 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Here is an article about the tax cuts from the liberal leaning CNN. I'm sure they would have mentioned your point if it were true. Notice the article linked only mentions the Republicans debating among themselves about what to put in or leave out of the tax bill. The only thing mentioned about the Democrats is that they didn't want the cuts because they are "supposedly" for the wealthy. Some old rehashed rhetoric that never works. Nothing mentioned about any other complaints by the Democrats.

If you can show me where it says Bush would veto a bill because of the AMT part I would be happy to admit I'm wrong. However I believe everyone (or mostly) both Democrats and Republicans were for this measure.

Re: Front Sheet of The Google News Roundup last week. [message #55219 is a reply to message #55218] Wed, 10 May 2006 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
My accountant also told me while doing my taxes.

oh your accountant told you.... [message #55220 is a reply to message #55219] Wed, 10 May 2006 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Let me ask you a question. Why do you bother to post on a "discussion group" if your not willing to support anything you say? Other than the fact that what you say is usually not correct. Do you do it just to hear yourself talk?

Ask yourself this question "If I can't prove or even support what I post then could it be the other side is right?"

If what you say is true the Democrats would be trumpeting it all over the news. It would be a victory for them that is very rare these days.

Now I have to leave for awhile. Don't worry I'll be back when I can. No I'm not dodging any of your posts. I'm just very busy during the day. I will try to check in from time to time.

Re: oh your accountant told you.... [message #55221 is a reply to message #55220] Wed, 10 May 2006 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; the truth is most of this stuff is very prominently displayed in all the newspapers and on television news as well as all of the Newsweek and other periodicals. About the most boring thing I can think of for me to be doing is cutting and pasteing news articles into forums.
I am more interested in talking with people about how they percieve events and what implications those events have for them and their communities. Repeating news briefs just doesn't do that for me.
You need to start thinking for yourself instead of letting others do it for you. I would not and will not use tons of bandwidth to paste stuff that anyone who wants to can read in their own newspapers. I would rather read from someone who takes the time to think carefully about what it means and then post their thoughts on a forum.
This bill is slanted to the 10% of the wealthiest individuals. What does that mean to me? Thats the interesting part.

Re:Forgot Something [message #55222 is a reply to message #55221] Wed, 10 May 2006 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
About my accountant; very sharp guy. If you saw his house you might change your tune. You should see my tax rebate. If you want to know about taxes; look to the guys who study them.

Yes, you forgot to answer my post... [message #55223 is a reply to message #55222] Wed, 10 May 2006 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
That's ok. We both know why. I mean of course you can't substantiate anything you say. Because it's not true. Bush never threaten to veto the tax bill if the AMT was in it.

This is so true of almost every Liberal argument. Based not in facts but in how they "think" the world is. Or wish it too be. This is why liberal solutions to problems (mostly tax and spend) never work. The problem is I think they know their "solutions" don't work. They don't care. It's sounds good and to hell with the consequences.

Thankfully people are catching on thanks to the internet, cable and talk radio. Oh, the Democrats will still win one every now and then but these wins are becoming fewer and farer between.

Previous Topic: The Deficit and why George wants one
Next Topic: Didn't Bush Swear They Were Only Looking At International Calls?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 15:18:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio