Home » Audio » Movies & Music » 24 Season Finale On Tonight
24 Season Finale On Tonight [message #5893] Mon, 23 May 2005 15:13 Go to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
If you're a "24" addict, you know this already: the two-hour season finale is on tonight, beginning at 8 p.m. (in NYC, at least). How is Jack gonna prevent ImhoTerror's plan for Nuclear Armageddon? Does Soul Patch buy it, or do he and Bitchelle open a DQ franchise? (I'm guessing he buys it.) Do Potato Face and Lispy Skip find love? (I'm guessing no.) And how to get rid of DoDder, Jack's annoying former love interest?

The nicknames are courtesy of Television Without Pity.

Re: 24 Season Finale On Tonight [message #5894 is a reply to message #5893] Mon, 23 May 2005 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Any chance you could 'splain? I gather it's a TV show but what is it?
Ever since HBO has bit the dust; no Wire, no Sopranos, no Huff, there's nothing to watch when the Yankees aren't on.

Re: 24 Season Finale On Tonight [message #5895 is a reply to message #5894] Tue, 24 May 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
MB,

You haven't heard of "24"!?

I found "24" when I was searching for a replacement for "The Sopranos." It's a TV show on Fox, starring Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer, a field agent working at (or with) the L.A. office of "CTU", the Counter-Terrorism Unit of the US Government. The premise is that the shows are set in "real time" -- each season consists of 24 one-hour segments that cover a single 24 hour period in which a country-threatening terrorist threat (nuclear, plague, etc.) surfaces and is ultimately resolved thanks to the efforts of our hero and his associates.

Two illustrations as to how addictive the show is:

1. I started watching the show only this season, its fourth. After about two episodes I went out and bought Seasons 1-3. The only other TV I've ever bought is early seasons of The Sopranos.

2. Friends who began watching this season as well immediately began begging me to lend them Seasons 1-3. Several have wound up watching an entire season over the course of a weekend. Once you start, you can't stop.

There are characters you love and characters you love to hate. Every time one character appeared, I found myself yelling at the television, "Kill that bitch."

The show's not perfect. It tends to be marred by ridiculous or sappy subplots -- ten million people are about to be incinerated and one of the characters must confront another about their relationship "Now!"

According to the blurb at the end, the next season is scheduled to begin January 2006. Mark your calendar.

Re: 24 Season Finale On Tonight [message #5896 is a reply to message #5895] Tue, 24 May 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thanks E, I need to check that out. Right now it's 57 channels of s**t, like Springsteen says.
I went out and bought the first TV show I ever I was so desperate for something to watch. "The Office".

Re: 24 Season Finale On Tonight [message #5897 is a reply to message #5896] Tue, 24 May 2005 06:00 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've never seen a single episode of "24" so one of these days I'm gonna have to rent one of the CDs. Everytime I go to a rental store, I see them and wonder about it. So I'll have to check one out soon.

Previous Topic: 24 hr Party People
Next Topic: Jewel - Spirit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:19:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout